Thanksgiving is supposed to be a time of peace and celebration for what we have. But so many homeowners are in dire straits thanks to the messed-up loan modification programs that I feel have only complicated our problems. My Thanksgiving gift to you is a short series of Loan Modification Success Stories.
Click to read Loan Modification Success Stories #1, Success Stories #3, and Success Stories #4.
The Loan Modification Hell road has been long and pretty rough. Millions of homeowners have applied for a loan modification under the government's HAMP program. About one-tenth have been approved for a permanent loan modification.
My Loan Modification Hell blogs have been extremely active, with folks checking back to let me (and each other) know what's happening. Every once in a while, someone posts their success story.
These folks are giving thanks. I'm hopeful you will find success too.
"I am happy to report that, after two years of endless barraging, writing, calling, faxing, and mailing (certified of course!), my husband and I were offered a Permanent Making Home Affordable Loan Modification that we are beyond thrilled with! We sent the paperwork in a few days ago, and await the final contract. Our payments will be very affordable and the payments and interest we were offered is beyond amazing! My advice to all of you who are still in the throes of the application process or the trial modification process is: chin up, hang in there, and keep on badgering your lender. Take down names, employee id's, and time of call. Send EVERYTHING certified so you have proof of signature. Best of luck to all of you! We are very relieved to put the past two years of struggle behind us and focus on the rest of our lives with more peace of mind."From Plouche:
Well today (10-15-2010) makes my 8th trial payment. My negotiator from the President's Office does stay in contact with me thanks the OCC. As of 9/22 I'm still in Underwriting but that's nothing new. I've been trying to stay hopeful but I don't really know what to expect. The Holidays are coming and I don't want to be on the street with my 2 little girls. All I can say is make the payments like your told and hope they take care of there end of the bargain. I'll keep you updated when I find out anything. Thanks to this site for getting me to the OCC.
Read More About Loan Modification:
- Loan Modification Hell: Join The Club
- 4 Ways To Improve Your Odds of Getting a Loan Modification
- Want a Loan Modification? The New Rules for Trial Loan Modifications Start June 1, 2010
- Loan Modification Hell Horror Stories
- Loan Modification Hell: Income Requirements for New HAMP Rules
- Loan Modification Hell: The Horror Stories Continue
- Gulf Coast Homeowners Get Relief From Foreclosures and Mortgage Payments
- Strategic Defaults Increasing As Homeowners Choose Not To Pay Their Mortgage
- Foreclosure Coming? Perhaps You Should Bulldoze Your House
- Loan Modification Hell Lawsuits
- Loan Modification Hell: New Solutions to Avoid Losing Your Home
- Underwater? Maybe You Should Walk Away From Your Home
- Loan Modification Success Story: Filing a Complaint With the OCC Can Help
- Loan Modification Hell: 50,000 Borrowers Could Lose Their Temporary Loan Modifications
- Loan Modification Scams: Don't Pay These People For Help - You Won't Get It
- Loan Modification Hell: How To Find Your Mortgage Lender or Bank CEO
- Calculating the Net Present Value (NPV) of a Foreclosure vs. a Loan Modification
Ilyce R. Glink is the author of several books, including 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask and Buy, Close, Move In!. She blogs about money and real estate at ThinkGlink.com and The Equifax Personal Finance Blog, and is Chief Content Strategist at RealtyJoin.com, a community for real estate investors.