A new survey from Credit.comfinds more than 43 percent of consumers (up from 34 percent from June 2009) say their card company has made one or some combination of the following changes to a credit card account:
- Closed their account 11% (up from 6% in June 2009 survey)
- Increased their interest rate 27% (up from 19% in June 2009 survey)
- Increased their fees 19% (up from 14% in June 2009 survey)
- Lowered their credit limit 13% (down from 14% in June 2009 survey)
- Increased their minimum payment due 15% (up from 12% in June 2009 survey)
- Reduced their rewards program 11% (up from 9% in June 2009 survey)
CBS News is working on its own poll about changes in credit card spending as many Americans are deciding to cut back on credit card use. Are you passing on the plastic? Have you decided to choose debit over credit? Let us know if you are changing your credit card habits.