(CBS) - Sports Illustrated's 2011 Swimsuit cover-girl Irina Shayk has got more than a few things going for her, but as they say, she's more than a pretty face. Shouldn't you get to know the real Irina? Here are five facts to help you get started:
1. Sorry to break it to you gents, but the lady's taken. Since 2010, Irina has been globe-trotting and club-hopping with often shirtless soccer player Christiano Ronaldo. The two allegedly met on an underwear shoot for Armani Exchange. The good news, at least, is you certainly don't have to dress to impress.
2. To really score points with Irina, use her real name. The lovely Ms. Shayk is actually Ms. Shaykhlislamova. Don't worry about the spelling. According to the New York Post, it even took Irina a few years to get it right.
3. If the name wasn't enough of a tip-off, Irina is Russian. Early in her career, she was often mistaken for South American, a fact she attributes to her dad who was a coal miner: "My father was dark skinned, because he was Tarter. Sometimes Tartars can look Brazilian," she told the Post.
4. It's not all swimsuit shoots and Times Square billboards for Irina. In her spare time, she is the official ambassador for Russian children's charity Pomogi. Irina and her sister (also lovely, no doubt) even helped rebuild the children's ward of their hometown's hospital.
5. While this is her first cover, this year marks the fifth straight time Sports Illustrated has graced us with Irina in a bikini. Will it be the last? We're guessing the Tarter beauty will stay plenty busy.